I was surprised this morning to have a mention by Mrs Mummy Harris on Twitter saying that I have been nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award. I was shocked and so humbled. First off, I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart for recognizing my little blog.
A Mindful Geek is a few short days of being a month old. My main goal was to find a blogging community that will help me grow and encourage me. It really seems like I have found that now.
The rules are pretty simple.
1. Write a post to show your nomination.
2. Make sure to include a link and thank the blogger that has nominated you.
3. Tell us how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers that you would like to nominate.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know that you have nominated them with a link to the post you created.
See, pretty simple. And really sees like a great way for all of us to get to know one another, show our respect for one another and also get our blog noticed.
How my blog started:
I have always loved the blog world. I had many blogs when I was a teenager and super loved the idea of having internet friends instead of real life friends. By 20 years old, I had created my own forum for military wives and girlfriends. I have always had a passion for creating websites and graphics, but something traumatic would happen in my life to make me feel overwhelmed and I would have to stop.
I have gotten rid of all the negative and abuse in my life and have welcomed only love and hope. I am in such a wonderful place in my life and the option of recovery is real. I find so much that so many people feel the exact same way I feel about my disorders. And my goal for this blog was simply to let others know they are not alone and provide tools to help them become happier.
Advice to new bloggers:
1. JUST DO IT! (My inner Shia is coming out) Do not second guess yourself. I can’t tell you how many times in the last month that I wrote a post and thought, “Nobody is going to care about my ramblings.” And I was proven time and time again that I am wrong, people feel how I feel!
2. Do your research! This means get on Pinterest and look at everything you can about how to blog. But remember this is their personal experience and your experience may not be the same. But if you want to become a professional blogger, you must educate yourself. So read read read and practice what they say. You will see rewards!
1. 3 Little Buttons
2. Pink Pear Bear
3. Jaki Jellz
4. Bridie By The Sea
5. Pass The Prosecco Please
6. Baby Pixie and Beauty
7. Hawaii Mom Blog
8. My Petit Canard
9. Rhyming with Wine
10. An Imperfect Mum
11. Autumn’s Mummy
12. Shank You Very Much
13. Toots Mom is Tired
14. Our Rach Blogs
15. Lucy at Home
These are all blogs that I admire and follow. If you haven’t met me yet, believe me I am reading and retweeting you all.
I hope you all have a great day and good luck!!