I have seen so many of my fellow bloggers posting updates about the positive things that have been happening in their lives. I find this beautiful.
Life is so crazy and it is very hard to stop to think about the positives. Many times we can’t see any, even though they are there.
I decided to start doing my own version of the positive things that fill up my life. I will always list 9 things that are making me happy. It will not always be easy but it is good for me. For my growth and recovery.
Now onto the happiness:
1. I decided to try out CBD oil to treat my anxiety. So far it has helped wonderfully and I feel more relief than I have felt in a long time. It is so weird for me to sit around, not in tide of anxiety. Even when the anxiety waves hit, I can feel the oil keeping it from connecting in my brain. Blog review coming soon!
2. School is going well. I am unsure if I have mentioned yet that I am a full time student. But I am! It isn’t easy and a lot of times I absolutely hate it. But I have been maintaining a 4.0 GPA, so I am kicking ass!
3. I have been more consistent with yoga. Pushing yourself to do yoga everyday is so difficult. Especially when something comes up when you can’t do it for a few days. I had gotten super sick and fell off my yoga wagon. I decided to start trying to do my own routines while watching my morning shows and I have felt more relaxation from this than trying to follow along with a YouTube video or in silence.
4. My daughter is learning about coping skills. She suffers from ADHD and anyone that claims it is just bad parenting and not an actual disorder is absolutely ignorant. This poor child wants to be normal so bad and is facing the truth that she will always battle with this. The best thing about having my own mental illnesses is being able to share with her how I grow and get better. She is grounded this week for lying but we will be taking this time to practice coping skills and helping Mom around the house. ?
5. I have amazing friends. My crock pot died on the day I was trying to impress my boyfriend with my Corned Beef and Cabbage. It took over 24 hours to get this thing cooked. I had tossed it out and posted an angry message on Facebook. My friend messaged me asking for my address to send me one of hers because she had extra. Then the UPS man comes and its a BRAND NEW CROCK POT. I cried over a crock pot y’all. But I just felt so lucky to have such a wonderful friend.
6. My partner is unendingly supportive. I have not had the easiest last few weeks. In fact, its been damn hard. But no matter what my boyfriend has had the words to lift me up and help me. Reminding me of who I actually am and what I bring into his life. I am so insanely lucky to have such a kind and mature man.
7. I have scheduled my cat an appointment to get spayed. This is not good news for her, but in reality it is. She is so miserable when she is in heat and causes us a lot of grief. I found a low cost spay clinic that will take care of her for $10. This is something to be joyous about!
8. I have found a new author that I LOVE. I am into horror or crime novels, not much else. Nothing keeps my attention like a good scary book. Patrick Logan is his name and all his novels are on Amazon! He is a young adult writer, but that are unendingly disturbing and spooky! I personally have found that reading YA is a lot easier than reading anything else when you do your reading at night before bed.
9. This blog! This blog has made me so happy. I am just flabbergasted at how much it has grown in a month. How many friends I have met, and how supportive they are. This blogging community is just what I needed in my life. Thank you to all that read, comment and share! You guys keep my confidence and motivation going!
Well, thats what is going on with Brittany lately. The happy things that are keeping me going. Without realizing the good, the bad seems to overtake everything for me. So I really think that this is going to be beneficial.
I am unsure how often I will do this. Weekly seems like a bigger commitment than I want to put into it right now. So I am hoping to do this update on my happy moments twice a month.
Thanks for reading!